Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mrs Bucket

I grumble and laugh about dog shows.

How can it NOT be laughable?
The seriousness that dog show people put on about dog shows is funny to me. To listen to people quote their dog's great-great-great-grandpa's show history is funny to me. It's like that Mrs Bucket (I mean Bouquet).

I want to say "Relax a little, your taking the dog's pedigree a bit too seriously".

Sometimes I even want to say "Tell me that you don't really believe in this dog show stuff!"
But I can't say that at a show, so I smile and nod.

How can it NOT cause me to grumble?
I like dogs. It is that simple. I like dogs.

I don't like it when somebody tells me that they raise dogs, and then they say that they don't like dogs, they wouldn't have a dog, except they needed the tax write off.

I like to talk with people, but I don't like to hear about how to put all your dogs in cages stacked in one room where they will be out of the way.

I like dogs. I don't want to raise dogs as genetic experiments. I don't want to raise dogs as objects to enter into shows. I don't want to raise dogs for money.

When I go to dog shows, I am looking for other dog lovers, who also like people.
Gotta find better place to shop for friends.
It is stupid to go to a tropical island to look for polar bears, or to the arctic to look for macaws.