Monday, November 9, 2009

Blog transfers.

Well, it looks like I got all the posts (that are going to be moved) moved.

I did NOT do a perfect job, a few things that shouldn't have been deleted, I deleted - they could have been retrieved, the originals were still there, but with different blogs all mixed together it would have been a lot more work than what it was worth.

Since the posts have been moved, they all have the same "from" name, so I could not re-sort them by which blog they were from - this caused other problems too. Series which should have had their time stamps changed so they would all be together were hard to sort out.

Following the idea of deleting un-necessary photos to make the archives more readable, when I came to a series of unrelated photos - I deleted most of them, only to figure out later that I should have altered the time stamps BEFORE moving them.

Not that any of this came with any directions. Which was really weird because when I first started to go through the edit files, I had this feeling that I had done this all before. Yet I don't think that I have ever moved blogs before.

If I had been paid to move a blog, I would remember that. I know that I had started blogs and then lost interest in them - but I don't recall ever moving a blog.

Yet, when I started to go through the edit page, I felt I had done this before. I started out with 25 post per page, but I remember what trouble that caused before - it saved on scrolling, but then, the computer would automatically return to page #1, and when you have nearly 600 posts, that's a lot of clicks, to get to post #500.

I remembered that before, I decided to keep doing it as I had been, until the number of posts per page would be even with where I was - but I overshot it and the drop down menu didn't include the size clumping that I needed. (Sorry that I can't make that clearer - it is hard for me to put felt things into words.)

So I though "I will look at the numbers on the drop down menu, and if they match with my memory, then I probably have merged and moved blogs before. They matched perfectly.

I could have simply remembered what the menu said, perhaps from some time looking at it? It was weird though, because I felt like I had done this before, I knew things that it would have taken far fetched conclusions to know - unless I had done it before.

But how could I have written blogs, weeded through them, and still transferred over 600 posts, yet not remembered the blogs? (It was nearly 500 posts this time, trimmed to 270).

I don't believe in ESP or channeling info. I have been taking some new easy to digest vitamins this week - maybe that is it, I will have to stop taking them.

The weirdness spilt over into other parts of my life. While walking, I came up with ideas for posts - but after I got home, I discarded the ideas as not fitting in with what I usually do. I seldom watch TV, but that night, I was so fed up with clicking old posts all day, I didn't want to blog, so I turned on the TV.

It was a movie that I had not seen, it was on a premium station for the first time, the movie had nothing in it which felt familiar, but the different elements that I had had thought of on my walk were in the movie. It was creepy.

Things like that have been happening this week.