Monday, November 9, 2009

Labels

I WONT be transferring my personal chatter or off topic posts to "darling you are doing it wrong" - with 3 columns and no stretch, people would have to scroll too much.

I like the sister site for archives because it has 3 columns - but I like this site because it is stretch to fit screen - but that would be bad if you are on a phone sized screen.

I still have brush ups to do.

Different sites have labelled their posts differently. So I had posts labelled "bunny", "rabbit", and "rabbits". It makes sense, if you write on "rabbitS" in the abstract to label the posts in the plural, but when you find a photo, it is of one rabbit - so the label is not in plural. If I didn't make them the same - I would have a long list of labels.

But the bunny posts were about pet bunnies, and the rabbit photos were often about rodents with long ears (lagomorphs) that eat crops (our fields of food). After a couple of days, I decided on a policy - they would be "bunny" labelled. So if you are looking for rabbit post, they are there, but bunny labelled.

I still have to go back and clump the Police dogs, Military dogs, Sniffer dogs, War dogs, and people tracking dogs. I am going to call them Patrol dogs, since I heard a policeman call them that once.

I guess, if you are a policeman, you don't call them "police dogs". He said it went with "patrol car", so "patrol dog". And different people with dogs in the Vietnam war called them "patrol dogs" because "the dogs went on patrol with us". So don't look for labels like "search and rescue", look for "Patrol".

It is easier to add labels than to remove them when there are lots of unneeded labels.

Also, some post had 3 different labels. A person reading from the label list would find the same post 3 times. Rarely, I allowed a post to have 2 labels, most all of them are allowed one label only.